Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Comfort Zone

By Brenda Boen
March 28, 2012

Have you ever heard the statement "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink?  This statement can apply to so many situations in life. It can be the same way in the Christian life as well.  Some of us have a desire to grow in the Lord and our faith increases daily as we learn to depend on Him.  Others can become stagnent and never really grow because they are not taking those steps to learning and growing as they should.  As we grow in our Christian faith we are often times asked to step out of our comfort zone and do something for the Lord.  It's not always easy but if God is leading He will help.  But the key is that WE have to step out and trust God. 

I don't know about you but I refuse to just sit back and let life pass me by.  I don't want to just get by and always be in the comfort zone.  As good as that sounds, there will be many blessings that will not come from the comfort zone.  God doesn't ask us to be qualified or skilled, He just asks that we be willing.  Has he asked you to step out and do something for Him lately?  Maybe the following poem will motivate you.

Butt Prints In The Sand
 
One night I had a wondrous dream,
One set of footprints there was seen,
The footprints of my precious Lord,
But mine were not along the shore.

But then some stranger prints appeared,
And I asked the Lord, "What have we here?"
Those prints are large and round and neat,
"But Lord they are too big for feet."

"My child," He said in somber tones,
"For miles I carried you alone.
I challenged you to walk in faith,
But you refused and made me wait."

"You disobeyed, you would not grow,
The walk of faith, you would not know.
So I got tired, I got fed up,
and there I dropped you on your butt."

"Because in life, there comes a time,
when one must fight, and one must climb.
When one must rise and take a stand,
or leave their butt prints in the sand."

author unknown

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize?  Run in such a way as to get the prize.  Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training.  They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.  1 Corinthians 9:24-25

How is your race going?

No comments: