Monday, March 12, 2012

Seeing With Divine Perspective

By Brenda Boen
February 18, 2008

Do you view life through rose colored glasses?  Just what does that statement mean?

We need to see the bigger picture through God’s eyes.  Is the situation you are in something you dislike?    Do you wonder why?  Maybe God has placed you right where you are at this moment for a reason.  It’s hard for us to see the big picture sometimes, but God is working through you for His greater good. 

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28

Do you work with fellow employees that are difficult and make your life miserable on the job?  What could be a reason you are there?  Could it be that YOU will be the one who will shine God’s light.  You have a choice.  You can either shine your light or you can participate in the ugliness that goes on around you and have a pity party.  Maybe you are saying that it’s just not fair.  They don’t treat you right.  Ask yourself, how are you treating them?  Are you lashing back or are you trying to make a positive impact on them.  We are God’s hands and feet on this earth, you know.

Early in my married life while I was working my first job, a Sunday School teacher taught me an important lesson.  She said that I could either hate my job or love my job.  It was all in my attitude.  I could constantly be upset because I wasn’t making enough money or not working the hours I wanted to work.  OR, I could be thankful I had a job and make the best of it.  I don’t know about you but I’ve learned that all the complaining and griping and being in a bad mood takes much more effort.  It also creates physical aliments.  And it will affect people that are around you as well.  “If mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy!”

You can make your present situation a depressing place to be or you can look up and see your situation with divine perspective through God’s eyes.  We are only here for a short time so let’s make the best of the time we have.  Shine His light with every step you take, whether it be the grocery store, at work, in you car, or at your kitchen table.

No comments: