Monday, March 12, 2012

Troubled Times

By Brenda Boen
2012

Have you ever been down and out and wonder how things would turn out? We’ve all been in that place at one time or another. We can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. It’s at these times in our lives we have to trust God to work all things out in His way and in His timing. In Isaiah 42:16 God says “I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.” Did you get that? God is still on the job, girlfriend! He knows what you are going through. You may not know how it’s going to turn out, but He does. He is going to make the rough places smooth.

He goes on to say in the next few verses “Don’t be afraid, I’ve redeemed you. I’ve called your name. You’re mine. When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you. When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down. When you’re between a rock and a hard place, it won’t be a dead end --- Because I am God, your personal God, the Holy of Israel, your Savior. I paid a huge price for you.” (Isaiah 43:1-3 Message version) If that doesn’t lift your spirit I don’t know what will.

Just remember one very important thing as your tread through difficult times and difficult waters in your life. If you try to go through it on your own strength you are likely to drown. But if you invite the Lord to go with you, He will protect you. So call on Him. Call on Him….and live!

No comments: