Monday, March 12, 2012

Having a Pity Party?

By Brenda Boen
January 16, 2008

Ever had one of those days? A day when you feel persecuted and alone? Under attack or treated unfairly? A day when everything is spinning out of control? A day when you don’t feel loved? A day when you just want to go hide and pull the covers up? When we go through trials in life we often feel the temptation to turn tail and run. Or perhaps, even worse, to give in and lash back. Sometimes we’ll hang our head and let our self-esteem suffer. We have a very successful pity party all by ourselves. Perhaps you’ve even invited some family or friends to your party too.

I was listening to some songs on my computer this morning and God spoke to my heart through one of the songs and I wanted to share it with you.  


Waiting Room
By Natalie and Phillip LaRue

Time after time, I find myself
Losing my mind, I have to remind myself
This is just a waiting room
While waiting for Your love

Oh, everything will be alright
And everything will be OK
And I don't let this world carry me to sin

And I don't understand how
We could be so blind not to see
The love that stands in front of
In front of you and me
Don't doubt He Loves You

Day after day, I find myself
Looking away, I have to remind myself
That You're there and I, I belong to You

Oh, everything will be alright
And everything will be OK
And I don't let this world carry me to sin

Don't doubt He loves you, He loves me
He loves me, He loves you, He loves you,

He loves you, He loves me


I’d like to also share Psalm 136 with you. This is from the Message Bible. This is the psalm where the ending of each phrase ends with “His love endures forever”. I like the way the Message puts it “His love never quits”

Thank GOD! He deserves your thanks. His love never quits.
Thank the God of all gods, His love never quits.
Thank the Lord of all lords, His love never quits.
Thank the miracle-working God, His love never quits.
The God whose skill formed the cosmos, His love never quits.
The God who laid out earth on ocean foundations, His love never quits.
The God who filled the skies with light, His love never quits.
The sun to watch over the day, His love never quits.
Moon and stars as guardians of the night, His love never quits.
The God who struck down the Egyptian firstborn, His love never quits.
And rescued Israel from Egypt's oppression, His love never quits.
Took Israel in hand with his powerful hand, His love never quits.
Split the Red Sea right in half, His love never quits.
Led Israel right through the middle, His love never quits.
Dumped Pharaoh and his army in the sea, His love never quits.
The God who marched his people through the desert, His love never quits.
Smashed huge kingdoms right and left, His love never quits.
Struck down the famous kings, His love never quits.
Struck Sihon the Amorite king, His love never quits.
Struck Og the Bashanite king, His love never quits.
Then distributed their land as booty, His love never quits.
Handed the land over to Israel, His love never quits.
God remembered us when we were down, His love never quits.
Rescued us from the trampling boot, His love never quits.
Takes care of everyone in time of need. His love never quits.
Thank God, who did it all! His love never quits!
   
Never forget that God is always there waiting to take you in His arms and say “I love you, my child! You are important to me!” If He can do all these things mentioned above in scripture and more, know that He is the answer to your need, right now, at this very moment. Don't run away and hide. Run to Him.

No comments: